Friday 11 July 2014

Can't Stop The Serenity - London, United Kingdom - 4th October 2014

Greetings all and sundry,

Welcome to the official website for 2014's Can't Stop The Serenity in London.

My name's Mark, and I've been a massive Browncoat ever since a friend lent me Firefly on DVD back in 2008. This was the first Joss Whedon show I had ever properly watched (having seen a few sporadic episodes of Buffy in my teenage years) and I was almost instantly hooked by the excellent characterisation, superb storytelling and incredible setting.

Since then, I have become fanatically obsessed (possibly a redundant statement) with the worlds of Whedon, and now an opportunity has arisen for me to share this love with my fellow fans.

We'll be having a cosplay competition with a fabulous prize for the winner, a raffle with other fantastic prizes, and some kind of quiz/group activity with a goody bag up for grabs. I'll be posting updates on Facebook and Meetup.

I'm only going to be selling tickets in person. You can find me in the Mad Hatter pub (which will also be the event venue) on the second and fourth weekend of every month, which is where LOTNA, a science fiction fandom group, gathers on a bi-monthly basis.

The next opportunity for you to buy a ticket from me will be at Nine Worlds, a fandom convention taking place in mid-August. I'll be doing this as part of the Whedon Track, which I'll also be running a quiz for.

If I somehow manage to have tickets left over, I'll be selling them on the door on October 4th.

I'm pricing tickets at £10, and you can buy as many as you wish.

See y'all soon,

Mark





2 comments:

  1. Hi Mark, where is the event actually going to be held? :) Thanks, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky!

    An excellent question, which I really should have addressed in the above. I'm looking to hold it at the Mad Hatter pub, a link to which there is above.

    More news soon!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete